I’ve been having intense chocolate cravings all weekend…
and it’s not a craving that can be squashed by a simple milk chocolate bar or a Snickers!
When I want chocolate, I want the real thing: dark, bitter chocolate or brownie treats.
This brownie like pie did the trick:
‘Brownie Pie with Cookie Crust’
- 70 gr of dark chocolate
- 100 gr (a bit less than 1/2 a cup ) of butter
- 100 gr (1/2 a cup) of sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 to 4 eggs (I used 4 but will use 3 next time)
- 60 gr (1/2 a cup) of flour
- a cup of walnuts
- a tube of crumbly sweet pastry (at least that’s what my dictionary says, in Dutch it is ‘zanddeeg’)
or you can make it yourself with:
- 180 gr ( 1+ 1/4 a cup) of flour
- 70 gr (1/3 a cup) of sugar
- pinch of salt
- one egg
- 120 gr ( a bit more than of butter 1/2 a cup) of butter
Brownie Filling: Melt the chocolate in the microwave or au bain Marie, let it cool for a bit. Mix the butter with the sugar and salt until it gets foamy (that’s what the recipe said, but it did not get foamy when I tried it and it worked out just fine in the end).
Add the eggs, one egg at a time and add the chocolate. Stir this until everything is smooth. Fold the flour and the walnuts under this mixture.
Pour the filling on top of the dough and bake it for 30 to 35 minutes on 150°C (305 F).
Do me a favour and eat the pie while it is still warm, served with some ice cream, or just heat it in the microwave for half a minutes before eating it (I had to do that because the lighting sucked and I had to take at least a million of photographs before I was even remotely pleased with the result).
Enjoy your weekend and your chocolate!