This morning was a baking kind of morning.
I was feeling adventurous so I just tossed together some odds and ends to create a breakfast bake.
It was good, but it was a bit too dry to my taste. I wasn’t really blown away by the cake parts, I did truly enjoy the “cookie” outside parts of the bake however!
It tasted like cinnamon shortbread, which makes me think this recipe would be amazing to create cookies!
‘Buckwheat Almond Bake’
- 30 gr (1/4 a cup) of almond flour
- 30 gr (1/4 a cup) of buckwheat flour
- 1/2 t of baking powder
- an egg
- 1 to 2 T of oil (I used olive oil)
- half a banana, mashed, or apple sauce
- a couple of splashes of soy milk
- cinnamon and salt
- add ins of choice: I used dried berries and sunflower seeds, chocolate would be amazing
Combine the dry ingredients and make sure everything is blended well, add the wet ingredients and stir it well.
Christmas napkins and the smell of cinnamon bakes, njam!
Preheat oven to 200°C (390 F), take a couple of ramekins and grease them (make sure there’s enough grease in there, things will get sticky!), bake them for 12 to 15 minutes.