Breakfast today was tedious: I was having an enormous dilemma.
I couldn’t make a choice between oatmeal or quinoa for breakfast.
And since I’m kind of renowned for having problems with making decisions,
I just had both!
Problem management for dummies: if it’s solvable without having to make a choice, there’s no problem 😉
‘Oats and Quinoa Parfait’
- 4 T of oats mixed with 5 T of boiling water
- 4 T of Greek yoghurt
- optional: 2 t of (home-made) jelly
- 4 T of quinoa cooked in 8 T of soy milk
- a couple of handfuls of granola
- a couple of handfuls of rice flakes (or other corn flakes)
In the meantime prepare the other layers :
Layer one is a layer of oatmeal with boiling water and sprinkled with cinnamon. Let the oats absorb the liquid and press tight, top this with half of the yoghurt and jelly mixture (or just the yoghurt an sich).
On top of this goes the other half of the yoghurt mix.
Sprinkle with the remaining granola and rice flakes.
The chocolaty thingies you see on the picture are chocolate chips from the granola that melted between the quinoa layers