My scent is back!
Kind of at least, you know what that means??
Time to bring out the sweet potato and give it another go!
For lunch I had a gorgeous bowl of stove cooked oats with half a grated sweet potato and cinnamon, topped with a huge blob of melted peanut butter and some walnuts.
Njam, power food and comfort food at the same time, love it!
The lovely thing about having a cold is that no one will judge you for having oats for lunch.
Not that I care, I’d have oats for lunch everyday if my mum ‘d let me 😉
The other half of the sweet potato was reserved for dinner: Risotto.
You can probably tell by the texture- theme in my meals that my scent isn’t back completely. When I can’t taste a lot, I tend to seek my resort into comfy and gooey dishes. For me, risotto is like oatmeal, but better cause you can have it for dinner, even when you had oatmeal for breakfast, so you can eat comfort food twice, it’s a win win situation!
‘Sweet Potato Risotto’
makes 2 servings
- half a sweet potato
- 100 gr of risotto rice (I estimated and used 4 well filled handfuls)
- 400 ml of vegetable broth
- a glass of white wine (I normally don’t add this, cause it’s such a waste opening a bottle of wine when it’s just you you’re making dinner for)
- garlic (to taste), chopped
- about 10 gr of grated parmesan cheese (most recipes say 40 gr for this amount of rice, but I usual just add it to taste and until the consistency is nice)
- olive oil