I’m kind of in a baking mood, it might have something to do with the rainy weather…
Or with my appetite for cosy comforting food.
Or maybe the breakfast bake just left me waiting for more warm treats.
It probably was a combination of these three that resulted in this heavenly chocolate cake.
‘Walnut Chocolate Cake’
- 300 gr (2 cups) of flour
- 125 gr ( a bit more than 1/2 a cup) of butter, softened
- 125 gr (1 cup) of sugar (I used a light brown one)
- 20 gr (1/8 a cup) of cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 t of baking powder
- a lot of walnuts 😉 (it depends on how much you like them, really)
- a small glass of amaretto
- a pinch of salt
- optional: chocolate chips to add to the batter
- optional: chocolate sauce for topping
Bake for about 27 minutes if you’d like the centre to be still a bit fudgy (highly recommended if you’re planning on eating it while still a bit warm), or for 30 to 35 minutes if you want a firm cake.